Tuesday 7 February 2017

DIETING


DIETING…ugh

“diet…eat clean…count calories…no carbs…low fat…count points…high protein…count macros”.  It’s SOOOO overwhelming.   We all want the easy fix…unfortunately it doesn’t exist.   I have done my fair share of diets and ridiculous routines and what I have realized is there is no right or wrong way.  What there needs to be is…consistency.   Whatever you choose to do, you need to do your research and make sure it is a lifestyle that you can maintain.   Jumping around from one thing to another will never work and you will not get the results you want.    I won’t preach what I think works the best because it is a journey you need to take on your own…trial and error.   We are all different and our bodies respond differently to different food.   What I will recommend is that you download a calorie count app ONLY for the purpose of seeing what you are or aren’t eating.  I did this a while ago and I was SHOCKED.  I thought I was eating perfectly and eating all the damn time.   What I realized was, I was under eating and definitely not getting enough protein.   I couldn’t believe it.  I was way off.   So I would track your food for a few days and see where you are at, I would bet that if you aren’t getting the results you want you will find what’s missing just by tracking your food for a few days.   Just use the app as an educational tool.  Play around with it and see what you may be able to change.   If you have specific questions please don’t hesitate to ask.   Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment